HELEN ALDOUS | MEDICAL TATTOOIST
I was inspired to help women recover from mastectomy after my own mother’s cancer surgery and the lack of quality solutions for the loss of her nipple. I knew that with my tattoo skills and art background I could offer a better solution than that which was currently on offer. I believe Cancer Warriors deserve more at the end of their journey. I have a degree in Illustration/design and have been a practicing and exhibiting artist for many years. I realised I could bring my artistic skill and tattooing experience together to create realistic and permanent 3D Nipple Tattoos.
My own personal battle with Thyroid Cancer has given me empathy and insight into the emotional and physical toll of cancer treatment. This understanding has driven me to create my own private Tattoo Studio, Secret Garden Tattoo. My aim has been to make a safe, welcoming and healing space, far removed from the clinical hospital spaces we are used to visiting, whilst operating to the highest hygiene standards. The studio is a private space so you do not need to deal with the hustle and bustle of a normal tattoo studio.
I have been fully trained in a professional tattooing apprenticeship and have extensive experience of many different types of tattooing, having worked as a traditional tattooist since 2012. This working knowledge of many different skin types and scar tissue is invaluable when creating a nipple tattoo. Scar tissue may be present and each persons skin is different and may be fragile or damaged after radiation.
As far as I know I am the first person in the UK qualified both through a professional traditional tattoo apprenticeship and also in Medical Tattooing by an NHS approved training provider.
- I am a qualified Medical Tattooist having trained in Medical Tattooing, specialising in Scars & Burns by an NHS approved training provider
- Professionally trained tattooist with over 6 years extensive and varied experience. I completed an intensive traditional tattoo apprenticeship.
- Trained in Scar & Burn revision and camouflage techniques such as MCA Microneedling, which will help to improve and camouflage the appearance of scars.
- Degree in illustration/graphic design and exhibiting fine artist, skills which help me create realistic artistic nipples
- Licensed for use of permanent inks. My nipple will not fade and won’t need regular top ups like most nipple tattoos
- Safe, welcoming and private tattoo studio with the highest hygiene standards.
- Trained to professional healthcare standards in infection control
- Personal and professional understanding of cancer issues such as Lymphoedema.
- Fully licensed by Kirklees council to perform permanent tattooing and semi permanent micro-pigmentation.